Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sky Watch Friday: Rainbow

This is my first entry to Sky Watch. I have visited this meme many times, but never participated. I am not sure if I am qualified for this post. I can not compete with professionals. The only way for you to truly appreciate this glorious rainbow was to have seen it with your eyes. I felt they were worthy to share with you.

We had some really bad weather this week. However, after all the storms, nature provided us with great beauty. My granddaughter made these pictures. She has a nicer camera than I do. Even with hers, she could not catch the spectacular sight before us.






You will have to use your vision to grasp the full sight These rainbows came together to form a big, perfect arc. Sorry, her camera was not equipped to capture the whole picture.

This shot is of the rainbow as it appears from the ground going up to form the arc.

Some of life's greatest beauty is provided by nature. Continue your clicking HERE and share your work of art with us, or see pictures of the sky from around the world.

15 comments:

Gennasus said...

What fantastic rainbow shots. Glad you decided to share them and join in with Skywatch.

James said...

Wonderful pictures of a beautiful rainbow. Come to think of it I was in Texas for over two years and didn't see a rainbow, but I saw plenty of rain.

Coloradolady said...

The pictures are really nice....Love the rainbow...looks like a double rainbow in one of the pics.

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

I love rainbows! I'm always trying to capture them with the camera, too... but you're right. You just have to be there to truly appreciate them!

Patsy said...

Good job !!!! I love these --and I love rainbows--represents a promise God made to us---he never forgets His promises and keeps them ALL. Love it !!

Keetha Broyles said...

Wow!!! I've tried to capture rainbows with my camera, but my shots didn't turn out anywhere near as well as these!!!!

Guy D said...

Fantastic rainbow shots, their perfect.

Have a great weekend
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Cindy said...

I always had trouble with rainbow photos. Awesome colors.

nature ramblings said...

Glad you joined. Those are the best rainbow pictures I have seen in a long time. I have taken rainbows before but you can hardly see them. Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing and hope to see more meme photos from you!!

Sanna said...

Beautiful photos of the double rainbow! =)

Becky said...

Breathtakingly beautiful!!!

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

What an amazing sight! No question about them not fitting in on SWF. Beautiful! Now, about that rain, speaking from England, where we know all about rain, I was surprised to read you have any in Texas!
By the way, I love the layout of your blog. It's so pretty and welcoming.
Janice.

prkl said...

Your pics fits right in, no worries there. Great set of those douple rainbows. Blogging at your age, respect to that also! Blog on!!

Arija said...

You sound ao nice from your profile. There are some professional photgraphers in the skywatch community, but most of us are amateurs. We just love the sky, are observand and do our best to show others what we enjoy.
Your photos are spectacular, you may even wish to get yourself a better camera, photography is such fun.
Most people are happy to help.

Vicky said...

I love these double rainbows photos.
thank you for sharing.